Pesto, a vibrant and flavorful sauce, has graced tables worldwide with its rich history and versatile nature. In this unique twist, we explore the fusion of classic pesto with the distinct flavors of Certeza Manchego cheese and Deliart Marcona almonds.
The culinary world is a treasure trove of flavors, and among its prized possessions are Marcona almonds and Manchego cheese. These ingredients, not just ordinary almonds and cheese, redefine the essence of taste and texture in any dish they grace.
Marcona almonds, fried to perfection and originating from brand Deliart, bring a crunch and flavor that’s simply incredible. On the other hand, the cured Certeza Manchego cheese from the Gomez Moreno Family offers an intense and delicious flavor that elevates any recipe.
The History of Pesto
Tracing back to Genoa, Italy, pesto has evolved from a simple paste of herbs and garlic to a global culinary staple. Its traditional blend of basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic, and olive oil has inspired countless variations.
Combining Flavors: Pesto with Manchego Cheese and Marcona Almonds
Recipe: Classic Pesto with a Twist
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup grated Certeza Manchego cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Deliart fried Marcona Almond
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the Basil: Wash and thoroughly dry the basil leaves.
- Blend the Ingredients: In a food processor or blender, combine the basil, Deliart Marcona almonds, and minced garlic. Pulse until the ingredients are finely chopped.
- Incorporate the Cheese and Oil: Add the grated Manchego cheese. With the processor running, gradually pour in the olive oil until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Season: Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Adjust these seasonings based on your preference.
- Final Adjustments: Give the pesto a final taste and adjust the ingredients if needed. You can add more cheese for a stronger flavor, or more oil for a thinner consistency.
- Serving: This pesto is excellent with pasta, as a spread on sandwiches or bruschetta, or as a dressing for salads.
This unique take on pesto can be incredibly versatile and add a sophisticated touch to various dishes. Here are some serving ideas:
- Pasta Pairing: Toss the pesto with your choice of pasta, like fettuccine or penne. The nutty and rich flavors of Manchego and Deliart Marcona almonds will beautifully coat the pasta.
- Grilled Vegetables: Drizzle the pesto over grilled vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, or eggplant. The charred flavor of the veggies will complement the creamy pesto.
- Roasted Chicken: Use the pesto as a marinade or sauce for roasted chicken. The robust flavors will infuse the chicken, making it juicy and aromatic.
- Stuffed Mushrooms: Fill cremini or button mushrooms with the pesto and bake. The combination of earthy mushrooms and rich pesto is delightful.
- Bruschetta: Spread the pesto over slices of toasted baguette or ciabatta. You can top this with a slice of tomato or a sprinkle of chopped herbs for added freshness.
- Can I use a different type of nut in this pesto recipe? Yes, while Marcona almonds are preferred, other nuts like walnuts or pine nuts can be used.
- Is there a dairy-free alternative to Manchego cheese in this recipe? Nutritional yeast or vegan cheese substitutes can mimic the flavor of Manchego.
- How long can I store this pesto in the refrigerator? Properly stored, it can last up to a week.
- Can this pesto be frozen for later use? Yes, it freezes well. Store in small containers or ice cube trays for easy use.
- What are some creative ways to use this pesto? Try it as a sandwich spread, a marinade for meats, or mixed into salad dressings.