The Mediterranean is famous for producing some of the most flavorful fruit in the world and the Quince fruit is no exception. Quince is an ancient fruit that has a similar appearance to a pear or apple but with a bright golden yellow color. But the similarities stop there.
The tough parts of Quince
Quince trees bloom in the fall and fill the air with a sweet citrus smell. But these tough fruits are inedible in their raw form. Even the ripest quince fruit is still bitter and hard and must be cooked in order to enjoy. The flesh of the quince is spongy and tough and, at times, difficult to cut. You might wonder ‘why bother’ with such a finicky fruit, but the rewards are certainly worth the effort.
The secret rewards of quince fruit
Anyone who has seen a blooming quince tree in person can tell you that the aroma of this fruit is deliciously overwhelming. Many Spanish people with an abundance of quince will actually put a few in their closets, dressers or cars as a natural air freshener! Or simply leave a quince in a sunny spot in your home and it will fill the room with its aromas of citrus, apple and vanilla. The smell is surely the encouragement we all need to confront this fruity friend.
Next, we take a deep breath and tackle the quince. Peel, cut and cook this fruit and these scents will magnify and overtake your kitchen with a wonderful fragrance.
How to cook quince
With your quince bubbling in a simple syrup of fruit, sugar and lemon zest or juice you’ll watch the fruit turn from white to a beautiful rich pink color. Here you can find the recipe with a lime twist.
“Quince is an ancient fruit that has a similar appearance to a pear or apple but with a bright golden yellow color. But the similarities stop there.”
Our artisanal Deliart quince paste is handmade with 100% natural ingredients. Elaborated by following the traditional recipe handed down by our grandmothers. Undoubtedly, the taste and texture of this delicious fruit product is an absolute pleasure for the senses!
Why Choose Our Deliart® Quince Paste?
When it comes to savoring the rich and aromatic flavors of the Mediterranean, our Deliart® Quince Paste stands out as a testament to tradition, craftsmanship, and pure sensory delight. Here’s why you should indulge in our quince paste:
- Authentic Mediterranean Experience: Our quince paste captures the essence of the Mediterranean, offering you a taste that’s not just authentic but also deeply rooted in tradition.
- Handmade with Care: We pride ourselves on our artisanal approach. Our quince paste is handmade, ensuring that every bite you take is crafted with care, love, and dedication.
- 100% Natural Ingredients: We believe in purity and simplicity. Our quince paste is made with 100% natural ingredients, ensuring that you get a product that’s free from artificial additives and full of natural goodness.
- A Legacy of Taste: Our recipe isn’t just any recipe; it’s a legacy handed down by our grandmothers. This means that with our quince paste, you’re not just enjoying a treat, but also partaking in a generational tradition.
- Perfect Pairing Companion: Whether it’s Manchego cheese, Spanish fried almonds, or fig cake. Our quince paste complements a wide array of flavors, making it a versatile addition to your culinary adventures.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Beyond taste, we also focus on presentation. Our quince treats are adorned with beautiful Arabic tile designs, paying homage to the rich and diverse Arabic culture.
In essence, choosing our Deliart® Quince Paste is about embracing a symphony of flavors, a rich history, and the artisanal touch that makes every bite memorable. Dive into this Mediterranean delight and let your senses be captivated by its unique charm!
If you want to know more about our Deliart products, you can see them through these links:
- Murcia al Vino Cheese – An Amazing Goat Cheese Bathed in Wine
- Delight in Health: Top Eggless and Gluten-Free Date Cake
- Deliart Fig Cake with Almonds is Among The Great Taste Winners of 2020
- Cabrales Cheese – Without Effort There is no Reward
- Mahon Cheese – Amazing Flavor from the Balearic Islands
- Uncovering the Taste of Spain: An In-Depth Exploration of Marcona Almonds